How to Block Pop-up Advertisements on your Laptop?admin
Pop-up advertisements on the laptop might be annoying at times. While working on a crucial project, gathering information from the web for an important business conference, or completing the product presentations, the pop-up advertisement might be frustrating.
There are a few tips to block pop-up advertisements on the laptop and keep your working space ad-free.
Here are a few tips to block pop-up advertisements on various browsers:
- Open Chrome
- Click on the button with three dots on the upper right corner of the browser
- Select the settings options from the drop-down list
- Click on Privacy and security
- Expand the Site Settings option
- Under the Content section, click on the Pop-ups and redirects option
- Use the toggle switch to allow or block pop-ups.
This blocks pop-up advertisements. Open the Pop-up settings by entering chrome://settings/content/popups in the Chrome address bar. You can see all the websites that are blocked or allowed.
A few extensions can be added to the Google Chrome browser to control pop-ups.
- Open Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the three lines on the upper-right corner of the screen
- Select Options from the drop-down menu
- On the left side of the screen, click on the Privacy and security
- Scroll down to the Permissions section.
- Check or uncheck the Block pop-up windows option to allow or block pop-ups.
Mozilla Firefox allows choosing a few sites to allow pop-ups. The Exceptions option allows to select the sites for which pop-ups are allowed.
Mozilla Firefox allows for a few add-ons to have more control over the pop-up windows.
- Open Microsoft Edge
- In the upper right corner of the screen click on the three dots
- At the bottom of the Settings and more menu, select Settings
- On the left side of the screen, select Site permissions
- Use the toggle switch on the Site Permissions/Pop-ups and redirect screen to allow or block pop-ups.
- On the Site Permissions/Pop-ups and redirects screen, use the toggle switch to allow or block pop-ups.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click Tools
- Click Options
- Click the Privacy tab.
- The Pop-up Blocker section is located at the bottom of the Privacy tab.
- Open Safari
- Select Safari from the menu bar in the top-left corner of the screen
- Select Preferences from the drop-down menu
- Click on the Website tab in the window
- In the section on the left, at the bottom, click the Pop-up Windows option
- In the lower right corner, click the box next to When visiting other websites.
- Select your pop-up blocking settings in the drop-down list.
- Open Opera
- In the upper left corner of the screen click on the Opera icon
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu
- Click Advanced and then select Privacy and security
- Click the Site Setting
- Select Pop-ups and redirects
- Use the toggle switch to allow or block pop-ups
Dubai Laptop Rental is the leader in providing professional Laptop repair services in Dubai.
Our experienced technicians quickly resolve any issues with the laptop.
Visit www.dubailaptoprental.com for more information regarding quality laptop repair services in Dubai.